15/02/2010

The unstoppable loss of Man Cards

Each man upon his birth is issued a set of cards, these cards are proof of his man-ness, proof that he could fight a bear if he so wished, proof that he can own power tools and never use them, proof that he can change a plug with laughable ease, however, with every act of femininity a card can be taken from him, if he was to let out a little scream at the sight of a spider or choose a croissant for breakfast instead of a bacon sarnie, he loses a card.
the lost cards can be obtained once again if he responds to the cries of 'MAN UP' by his man friends and kills that spider or sneers at the croissant and enjoys the bacony breakfast of Kings, unfortunately i fear i am beyond redemption and am willingly throwing my man cards to wind, all because of one show...


GLEE



Yes, i love GLEE, I am a GLEEk, everytime i watch that show i can feel my testosterone levels dwindling but i dont care, my man cards may be turning into the female equivilent, whatever they may be, but i cant stop watching. maybe its the songs, maybe its the humour maybe its the drama....or judging by that list, maybe its the fact that GLEE doesnt really know what it is supposed to be!
it started out nice and light hearted with the neurotic but lovable Rachel (Lea Michele) and the romance seeking germaphobe Emma (Jayma Mays) but takes a turn toward proper comedy whenever Sue is onscreen (played by the excellent Jane Lynch) but the last episode on E4 suddenly took a dive into the Creek of Dawson fame, with teenage pregnancy, image obsession and drug use, of course this was all followed by a scene with chirpy music and more pretty people so you kinda forgot it went all a bit serious for a while, i have a horrible feeling they may get more serious in the show an deal with more 'issues' but hey...it cant always be all singing all dancing happy happy joy joy cos then it'd just be High School Musical TV, altho even if it was, I'd probably still wave my GLEE flag high!

1 comment:

  1. I think I lost my man cards waaaay before I watched Glee. But any I did have left I surely lost when I started listening to the music on Youtube...

    ReplyDelete